Thursday, August 13, 2009

The New Me

Hello everyone!

I've been doing some soul searching lately, and realized that the old me was skinny, the new me is not! And that's okay! Why should I kill myself trying to achieve, what in reality (for me), is a worldly goal?? I've been focusing way too much on what the world wants me to be, not what Heavenly Father wants me to be. I have decided therefore, to give up dieting, forever!! I had tried to do this before but, I didn't really believe myself. I wasn't willing to let go of the skinny goal. Now I am. I realize that I've had two beautiful children and my body has changed, and that's okay! Also, I have different challenges now, one of them being food! Now, I still am going to try and make healthy choices, and especially, not binge on food, but I am a work in progress, and so is overcoming that behavior. I will continue to exercise 1hr a day 5 days/week as much as I can. I will not count calories or points or anything else, because when I do that I always end up 'messing up', and totally binging because I know when I'm 'back on track' I won't be able to eat all these other foods. Now I will allow myself to eat what I want when I want, but try to truly tell if I'm hungry first, and stop when I'm not hungry anymore. I have forgotten how to listen to my body with all this dieting, and I need to relearn how to do that. I will then be able to actually listen to the Spirit and keep my appetites within the boundaries which the Lord has set. Also, I will allow myself a treat if I want one, even if I'm not hungry. All part of getting over the dieting mentality. I received a blessing this past Sunday and I know with all my heart that I am doing what will truly help me. Obviously, I'm hoping I don't gain weight, but if I do, it's okay. I will continue on my journey and exercise and stay as healthy as I can. I hope you can all appreciate that this is what's right for me. I finally feel like I'm getting my life back after years of searching in the wrong places.

2 comments:

Wynter said...

How's it going?

Katie Blatter said...

Great! Some days are harder than others to realize I deserve to be loved no matter what my body looks like, it's a work in progress learning to love me and it gets a little bit better every day, with a more difficult day once in a while.