Last night when Mike and I left the Timpanogos Temple we were surprised that it had started snowing while we were inside! It ended up snowing quite a bit and it was so beautiful! We did end up getting lost and not making it to our movie, but oh well. I loved driving around at night seeing leafless trees covered with fresh snow, brightly lit (for nighttime) by the lights reflecting off of the snow.
Today It was beautiful too, but less snowy, which was ok because I had several errands to run, one of them out of town.
The crown on my ring that holds the main diamond was loose and I had to get it fixed. I took Mike's ring as well because it gets pretty beat up while he works. I decided to get something engraved on the inside, not for our 7 year anniversary which recently passed, or for Valentine's day coming up, but just because I care for him so much.
I realized many years ago that, in my opinion, the definition of Love, or True Love, is this: True Love is a choice. My reason is that we all go through our hard times and both people in the marriage have to choose to keep working at it, keep loving and understanding, to make it last. True love is not 'love at first site' or any other silly concept.
I wanted to inscribe on Mike's ring "True love is a choice. I choose you." Just so he would always have a reminder that I love him no matter his flaws, as I know he loves me whatever my flaws are. However, I was only allowed 30 characters. After taking 15 minutes or so I had what I wanted, when I was informed that each space counts as 2 characters!!! Argh! So I ended up with just this, "True Love. I choose you."
He knows with my definition of love and agrees with it so he gets the idea. :)
Poor Jacob was sick today. Daddy stayed home with the kids all day and took care of them and they were so good and had such a good day, even with being sick. Thanks Daddy, we love you!
3 comments:
So Cute!
what a great woman you are Katie!
I couldn't agree with you more Judi! My daughter is an incredible woman. Katie, I think using your posts to write a book in the future would be a worthy use of your time.
Post a Comment