Sunday, April 13, 2008

Legalizing

I've given myself the freedom to eat anything I want, anytime I want and vowed NEVER to go on a diet again-NEVER deprive myself from any food again-Really. It is called 'legalizing' foods. Nothing is off limits. If I want it I can have it and I make sure to have plenty on hand so that the amount I eat is not determined by the amount in my cupboard.

It is amazing how many foods I find that I don't truly like, just because it is okay to have them!! Right now I have things like mint oreos, Zingers, strawberry newtons, powdered donettes, fudge PB haystack type cookies, butterfinger bar (with one bite taken out of it because when I tasted it I didn't want it), real butter, rolls, cheese and crackers and it goes on and on! I walk by them trying to decide what I want to eat at that moment and I just don't want them. It took me almost 2 days to open my mint chocolate chip ice cream! I threw away a chocolate cake after one bite because it was gross and boring!!! *I* actually forgot that I had a butterfinger in the house!!!!! Me!!!!

As I do this I find myself wanting less food. Normally if I went off my 'diet' and ate things I 'shouldn't' I would have as much as I could in the time frame I had before I went back on my diet, not really paying attention to the taste and especially not paying attention to if I was full or not.

I FEEL SO FREE!!!! I am hoping that pretty soon I will really go back to eating on demand like when I was a kid and knew I wasn't hungry. Once I've truly convinced myself that I won't ever deprive myself of a food I want again, I know that I will crave less and eat less and be at whatever my normal weight for my body is without going up and down from binging then dieting. That is another tough part, accepting my body for whatever weight it decides to be. I am so excited and getting better at accepting myself for how Heavenly Father designed me to be. :)

I also threw out my scale battery and put my scale in the closet. I wasn't quite ready to get rid of the scale yet but I will be someday. In the meantime I'm not weighing myself.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: