Thursday, December 25, 2008

I love Christmas

I had a hard time sleeping last night! I must have been excited about Christmas morning! I must say, I do know what my kids will like! :) It brings me such joy to watch them. I am really glad we returned some of the gifts we had gotten and stuck with a small number; not only for the reasons we did but, also they got plenty from other family members too!

My parents got a gift for Mike that he was actually really surprised about! (This does not occur often. Mike has the 'magic touch' when it comes to guessing what is wrapped inside his presents. This is why he is no longer allowed to touch the presents from my parents!) The said gift was a pair of Bose ear buds! He was so thrilled. :)

I finally got the creche (among other wonderful presents) for the Willow Tree Nativity set! I thought I'd never get it and had decided I would be okay, I didn't NEED it. I am so happy!

I feel horrible about one thing though, and it's a big thing. I am so horrified. With all the business and snow I forgot to talk to the kids about the birth of our Savior! Well, there's always tomorrow. It's never too late right? :) I think I'll post several pictures but, what I really want you all to see are my scrapbook pages when I do them!







6 comments:

Judi said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas Katie! Have a great New Years and maybe I will see you at the January Crop ♥

Jenn said...

Glad you had a good christmas. Hope your new years was fun as well. Lets get together soon!

Megan said...

Yea!! You can't forget the Savior. That sort of happened one year for us. Well, when we went over to Stewart's for Christmas Eve and Stew read a little from the BOM about the birth; I realized that I had not heard or told the Christmas story the entire season!!!! I was so shocked and angry!! I realized that I depended on church to tell us the story. (Which is not something unreasonable to expect. Our ward was really weird. Now I am in a great ward!) Anyway, we didn't hear it in any talks, or lessons at church and I was in primary! We sang Christmas songs and talked about Christmas things and ideas but never the actual story. I was really sad. So, now (2 years since that happened)we tell the Christmas story every Christmas eve. We do a reenactment. That way I am sure that our family will always hear that sacred story. I am also making new costumes for next year. It is going to be really great next year when we don't have to use towels. (Not that that is bad)I want it to be taken a little more seriously and I think that real costumes will do the trick.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had such a great Christmas! I miss the snow... I don't miss driving in the snow, though! I look forward to your next post!

Amy said...

hi- you haven't posted for a while? How are you doing? How's your new year going? We sure missed you at GNO. Hopefully you can come next time. Let me know how you are doing.

Abby said...

I love Christmas as much as the next girl but its Jan 16th time to update! :)