Friday, June 26, 2009

I ran a 5K!

Okay, well, not really, but I ran the distance! I went to the track today and ran (jogged) 3.25 miles in 38 minutes!! That may not be great...I know it's slow...but it's great for me! Especially after not being able to exercise this week at all previous to today from an injured foot! In August I am signed up to run the Love Your Body 10K for women only and I'm very excited! I wouldn't ever want to run a marathon but much shorter distances are okay. :) I used an online pace calculator to figure out my estimated speed and it said 5.13 I think. Higher than I expected. Yay me!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Katie that is AWESOME!! That is a really good time. I have been running 5Ks lately and I think that they are a lot of fun. You will be able to do the 10K!! Believe it or not, but at about mile 5 I got that runner's high. I couldn't believe that I finished 6 miles. I have never been a runner in my life but I am starting to really look forward to it. Good for you that is really great!!!

Erin said...

Way to go Katie. I am going to run the SLC 1/2 marathon in April if this running thing becomes addicting for you!