Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Funny the Way it is

At night after eating so much that I feel so full and regret my choices, it seems so simple in my mind to decide to do things differently. I make all kinds of plans like, tonight I thought, "I will pay $100/month for the bodybyvi meal replacement shakes having one for breakfast and one for lunch each day, snacking on fruit and vegetables when hungry, and just make dinner every night (or go out for dinner once in a while), and cut out any type of dessert completely. But I know things will look differently in the morning. Things will start feeling hopeless when I get hungry, and then worse when I am faced with the reality of actually not eating anything dessert like, and my plans will go down the drain.

1 comment:

Amy said...

never give up dessert completely - sometimes we just need it (sometimes).

I don't know if you have heard about my sister-in-law. She was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer and her doctors are strongly suggesting that her unhealthy diet combined with her stress level is what awakened the beast in her. She and her family are now being forced with a lifestyle change. No more processed foods, no more fast foods, lots more veggies and fruits, lots of fish and whole grains. With this life style change, they are still going to splurge occasionally. And some will gain weight while others will lose weight. But in the end, they will ALL be healthier.

That is what is reminding me and encouraging me to eat better.

"Cancer Free Diet" is a great book. Check it out. :)