Sunday, June 1, 2008

Learning and Growing

Well I have definitely been learning by living the 'OO' way. (OO is Overcoming Overeating) I have also been GROWING!! Haha. Really though, I have learned a lot about why I want to eat the way I do, and how I feel when I eat the way I want to. I am also studying, trying to learn about how our bodies work so I can understand what is going on in there! I am currently reading "YOU On a Diet". Let me make clear that this is 'diet' in the way it was meant, as in, what you eat. Not a 'diet' as we think of it nowdays, to lose weight. I'm really trying to learn how to eat healthy, and how to eat so that my body works properly; also what happens and how it doesn't work properly when I put things in it that weren't meant to be there.

I've also been trying to learn more about a disease I have, depression. Some of you may not have known I suffer from this. Well, now you know! The more I learn about it the less ashamed I am that I have it. I have learned that it is actually a disease, not some imagined thing that I should just 'get over'. I recently read "The Ghost in the House" by Tracy Thompson about motherhood, raising children, and struggling with depression. It was a very emotional read for me and very enlightening. I will keep trying to find treatment that helps me as much as possible.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I like the "You" series--very sensible writers, writing sense and practical words. Now, if we can only put them into play in our lives--good stuff!
Keep your head up about your depression. You are in lots of good company, believe me! Don't give up. You will find answers to all your challenges--and remember that you have a lot of loved ones to help you, if needed or wanted.
Love you, Mom B