I've been 'tagged' by my friend Meggan so I'll play along. If you think this is fun you can do it on your own blog and I'll read it.
10 years ago: I had just graduated high school. I was either on a visit to Florida (where I lived for 4 years) or hanging out with my best friend at that time Kelly Duckworth, getting into trouble, no doubt.
5 years ago: I was pregnant with Jacob, working as a nanny, and working at Office Depot. It was summer so I was HOT! Trying to fall asleep at night in our little apartment in Napa, CA with that nasty humidity. You should've seen the crazy ways I tried to set the fan up to bring in air through the window. Too bad the air was hot and muggy. Also too bad that on random nights the complex next door had people up at all hours blasting circus music from their cars...But we also did a lot of fun stuff like hanging out with our bestest friends Stephanie and Jimmy (Steph was pregnant with her first too), and going to the Zoo and Six Flags Marine World and all kinds of things! Mike was working at Target and going to school.
Yesterday: was Saturday. Mike was out sanding the deck rail and I was inside cleaning while the kids were being crazy kids, but still good kids. Then I had to shower and get ready for my shoe party! These people bring their trailer of shoes and set up their little 'store' inside your house. The people you've invited come and try on shoes (and look at my scrapbooks, of course!) and chat! Only 5 or so people came but it was still really fun! I got a pair of very high heeled shoes. We'll see if I can walk in them. :)
5 Favorite Snacks: You know, this is a tough one as right now I am changing my eating habits and trying to make the new things permanent habits. Since I'm focusing on the positive I'll list my new favorite snacks. Apples, Weight Watchers yogurt (the only one with the flavors I wanted that didn't have nasty stuff like High Fructose Corn Syrup), Fiber One bars (peanut butter), 100 cal bag of sun chips. That's all I can think of because I haven't been eating very much. Actually, I'm almost 28 (my birthday is on July 28th!) and I've just realized that we don't need NEARLY as much as we think to survive. Because I ate sooo much before, I feel like I eat sooo little now, but it is enough, wow!
5 Favorite Books: Okay, if you know me you know it depends on what year it is and what mood I'm in. Hmm...not in any order, YOU on a diet because it helped me learn so much about how our bodies work when it comes to what they do with food, The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathon Stroud, the Fablehaven series, Harry Potter, and When Food is Love by Geneen Roth. (See how I cheat and list whole series as one book? hehehe)
5 Favorite Places to Run Away To: Well...I haven't been much of anywhere. Lately I've run away to sleep-land, my poor kids. I imagine it would be Hawaii, movie theaters, Disneyland....that's all I've got.
5 Bad Habits: Blocking out Jacob talking to me sometimes, overeating, slouching, not wearing my retainers every night, not doing the dishes often enough so that when I do them it's a darn big job.
5 Things I would Never Wear: Super pointy toed shoes (my feet are long enough, thank you!), earring posts or hooks made out of anything except 24k gold plated, it's all I can wear, sleeveless shirts, clothing shorter than my knees (except a bathing suit), shirts that show my tummy.
5 Pet Peeves: lights being left on (unless it's a rare occasion that *I* do it), certain people in my family, who will remain nameless, asking me where something is when they should darn well know by now where it is!, people letting their kids ride in vehicles unbuckled, motorcylists/scooterists riding without helmets, and finally when I have to continuously clean up after certain people in my family, who shall again remain nameless, who know better, when I've just cleaned already!
5 Famous or Well-Known People I'd Like to Meet: President Monson, Julia Roberts (I really think we could be friends!), Oprah, Dave Matthews, Dr. Oz.
Well, that was actually quite a challenge! I enjoyed it very much! Thanks for tagging me Meggan!
3 comments:
Here's a memory I have of you, Katie. I will always remember the feeling I had when we came home from our honeymoon and you had set up all of our stuff for us. It was so thoughtful- I was very touched. I still have the letter you wrote to me and left in our kitchen.
Hey, where are you? I've been checking your blog every day... but no fun stories from Katie:(... just wanted to let you know I miss you.
Circus music?! HAhahahahaaaa!!!
Post a Comment