I made Mike his Valentine's Day card this year, and I wrote a poem for the inside. I decided to share it with you all.
Best friends, then soulmates.
Two people start their journey,
willing and dedicated,
hardly knowing what lay ahead.
New life begins.
Two parents, overwhelmed,
try hard to remember their love and dreams,
but start to drift apart.
Stresses are high and patience is low.
The World thinks it has beaten them down.
They think maybe it's right.
But memories of love, and happier times, keep them trudging on.
Gradually, truth and understanding come.
They hold onto hope,
and exercise faith,
beginning to see what true love really means.
1 comment:
Beautiful poem, Katie. You were always good at writing. I think it only fitting that you write poetry for special times since you started that traddition at your wedding!
p.s.- the excerpt from chapter one on my blog is from the book I am writing. I'm taking a break from blogging to write in other forms. Each time I finish a chapter, I'm putting my favorite line on the blog.
Post a Comment