That I am a pessimist when it comes to movies based (and I use that term loosely) on books that I love. This definition from an online dictionary describes me perfectly, in this area only, thankfully! "A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view."
Keeping the above in mind, my review of the movie Twilight is as follows: "I didn't hate it but, it was sadly lacking." I'm sorry but I do NOT think that Robert Pattinson (aka Cedric Diggory) is Beautiful Marble Perfection! Let me stress that I did NOT hate it but, I'm always so dissapointed when stories get gutted to be shown on the big screen. Why not have intermissions or even part 1, part 2, like some older movies? If they were as good as the books I'd pay more than once if it had to be broken into 'parts' because of the length. I also would NOT have cast Kristen Stewart. I'm not an actress and couldn't do her job but, she doesn't seem to have dynamic enough acting skills. She's been in Zathura and Jumper that I've seen. I didn't watch The Messengers because it just felt too dark for me.
I think the way Mike Newton came into the picture was done very artistically. It totally captured what the book made you feel. The 'mushy' parts in the book are what caused me to almost not even finish the first one. It is just boring for me to read about. I must say that it was even worse in the movie.
Overall, considering my opinion, I think anyone could go see this movie and like it! I still love the book so much more and now want to read it again to recapture the feelings I had when I first read it. Also to see if I remembered a couple of things wrong or if they just changed them, like I think they did.
Oh, and am I the only one who caught Stephanie Meyer's cameo??? Or am I completely wrong? I haven't seen anyone else mention it in their blog post about the movie.
Happy reading everyone! Oh, and just a heads up, InkHeart is looking not very much like the books from what I see on the advertisement, and the books are definitely great!
2 comments:
yes! the meadow scene dragged on and on and on. "mushy" is a good word for it.
That is so funny that you thought that there was too much mush. I have heard that there wasn't enough mush. There was too much action, like they were trying to draw in the male viewers. I personally wished that there was more "mush." I love that stuff though. I think that your assessment of the movie was fair. Not too gloomy. I do love Robert though. I have had a few dreams about him. (I wish that I could be bad in my dreams. I am still a good girl. Dang!)
Post a Comment