What is your husband's name? Michael Ray Blatter (Ray comes from his Dad, Raymond)
How long have you been married? 5 years. It will be 6 years on January 4, 2009.
How long did you date? Hmm, this is hard to say. We probably dated a lot longer in his mind than we did in mind. The reason being that after our first date I told him I only wanted to be friends! Which is what we were, we became best friends! We went hiking every monday and hung out almost every other day. It's just what I needed and Heavenly Father knew it. Eventually I gave in to the fact that "I guess we're dating now". So honestly, I can't tell you but, the whole courtship was less than a year.
How old is he? 28
Who is taller? Mike by two inches. Funny thing though; when we're in the car he looks a lot taller because my height is in my legs and he has a very long torso.
Who can sing better? Hmmm, I guess it depends on the song. I suppose I think I can sing better but, that's just because of my huge ego. (How can you have a huge ego and super low self esteem?? No clue but it can definitely happen.) Don't mistake this as me thinking I am a great or even good singer, I'm not! But I can at least carry a tune for the most part.
Who is smarter? Again, I would say myself. Why would I say that? I don't know really. I think I recall doing better in the few college classes we had together. Also I'm a woman and have the wonderful if underrated woman's intuition! :)
Who does the laundry? I do. But if I ever ask for help folding or for him to switch the laundry he will do it for me. :)
Who pays the bills? I pay bills and balance the checkbook. Some may argue this shouldn't be because I tend to have a habit of overspending when I'm particularly stressed out. Well, we tried it the other way around and when the checkbook hasn't been touched in a week and you have no idea how much is in there it tends to be stressful also. He was willing but it just didn't get done and so I snatched back the responsibility so I wouldn't go insane wondering if anything didn't get entered and if our account was going to get overdrawn.
Who mows the lawn? Papa. Mike does the garbage & recyclables on garbage night, along with helping me with chores whenever I ask him to.
Who makes dinner? Until recently, no one! Well, I kind of did but it was something easy and fast like sandwiches or cereal. I used to plan out weekly meal menus but got out of that long ago because of living situation and other things. I did just start again though so I guess the answer would be me! Sometimes Mike comes to 'help' which means he checks things that he thinks I'm doing wrong and I hate it! I tell him either go away or cook it by yourself!
Who drives? We switch off pretty evenly, unless it's on a road trip. I'm lucky to stay awake for an hour driving!
Who is the first to admit they were wrong? ME ME & ME! Mike doesn't understand why sometimes, when I think I'm right I just don't give in when he says he KNOWS he's right and he gets really frustrated and angry because I'm being so stubborn and silly. Well, it's because I get really sick of always being the one to admit I'm wrong or to apologize first! :) I'm glad I'm able to do it most of the time; come on Mike, cut me some slack here!
Who kissed who first? Mike kissed me first when I finally gave him permission. I was very clear when we actually started 'dating' that I wanted to go slow and didn't let him even hold my hand for quite a while!
Who asked who out first? Mike asked me out first, pretty quickly after a mutual friend, Joy, told him that Robbie Pierce had already done so that week.
Who wears the pants? (sigh) We both do except I have to prod and poke him to openly voice his opinions or concerns. If I was forced to pick one I'd pick me, only because I'm very assertive and passionate and Mike has the bad habit of telling people what he thinks they want to hear if it keeps him from a discussion or confrontation.
I am sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining about Mike, that is not my intention. He is what he is and I love him dearly. As we grow together there are ways in which we are trying to better ourselves and we are doing it with each other's help.
Alright I will tag Abby, Julie, and Amy S.
2 comments:
Yeah! YOu did it! Wasn't that fun?? Its so interesting to read other people's take on their hubby's!
Katie,
Your blog is so cute! You have some great pictures and it looks like you are having alot of fun lately with california, halloween and making 30 meals that is really impressive (I don't know if I could ever do that, great job)!
Post a Comment