Friday, August 15, 2008

Imagination...

(sighs)...I really loved the Twilight saga. Reading is one of my passions. I don't think that I conciously have vivid images in my mind when I'm reading a story, but when I see that story made into a movie, I can tell if it is not what I imagined. I think I love my imagination way more than what movie makers can create. There have been some good movies from books, the first Harry Potters included (even though a lot was left out), but mostly I just love the books.

I am trying to be optimistic about the movie Twilight. The more I see footage though, the more I think I'll be dissapointed. I don't think the guy who plays Edward (Cedric Diggory, right?) is nearly 'beautiful' enough and I also don't like who they cast as Rosalie and Bella!!! I've seen the girl who plays Bella in another movie and she's just not one of the greats in my opinion. She just doesn't 'fit' Bella. Now, I probably couldn't act to save my life and I cringe that I'm being so judgemental, but, that's just how I feel. I really really do wish I could just enjoy a movie for what it is without comparing it to the book it is based on....I don't know if I'll achieve that in this lifetime. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I really like the Edward that they picked. He looks a lot like what I picture in my head. I am scared for the movie though. I loved the Harry movies. They were really well done. I hope that these are good too. I don't like Rosalie either. I don't think that she is pretty enough and I have never seen Bella in any other movies so she isn't condemned in my book. I think that she looks a lot like the Bella I picture. I am excited for the movie and I am scared.

Katie Blatter said...

I'm really glad you loved the potter movies, I wish I could have! It gets better as time goes on, but I just loved the books so much I have a hard time seeing the movies as good for themselves. I just compare them to the books! :( I think Kristin Stewart looks fine, but her voice and mannerisms are all wrong for me.