Alright...I'm really miffed right now, but I decided to take this and pretend that Heavenly Father is telling me I shouldn't be so selfish and secretive. So, here it is. The thing I was doing the other day was for a contest to win FRONT ROW TICKETS to The Dave Matthews Band concert that was supposed to be this Wednesday night. The concert has been postponed and so they've postponed the contest-ending date too. I'm am so frickin irritated!!! All of us who entered came up with our ideas based on the time we had until the concert. We could've done something totally different even now if we'd known that we'd have more time. But now, who knows how many people can come up with something and have who knows how long to do it! They can also take ideas from what we've done, which really stinks, because of course, I think mine is the best!! :(
Yes, I do realize how childish I'm being...okay, that's an understatement but I don't care. I'm mad and I'm being childish and deciding to just get over it and give everyone a chance to win.
I didn't want to tell anyone else about the contest because I know plenty of people who I think could do a way better job than me, and I didn't want the competition. Please please please give me credit for the fact that I am fessing up now, and don't hold this against me. I am sorry that I was trying to win for myself so much that I wouldn't tell anyone else, in fear that they'd want to win too. :(
I came up with my idea all on my own and I love it! All we had to do was take a photo with 'Dave Matthews Band' and '101.9 The End' in it. They gave a couple of suggestions and said that we would get extra points if it's eco-friendly. There were only two pics up when I found it and one of them was one of the ideas they had suggested! I know, how original right? Oops, there's my bad attitude again...
I decided to pick an area to clean up litter from, to help the environment, and spell what I needed out of stuff I cleaned up, and dedicate it to LeRoi who just passed away. I held my 'scrapbook' pages up that have DMB on them and my concert tickets. This was one of my first scrapbook pages ever so don't laugh!!!
Please note that it says "Entries will be judged on creativity, audience, and eco-friendliness." I think I was pretty darn eco-friendly by cleaning up two bags of other people's trash, and creative by spelling with it! Anyway...The link to all the pictures so far is in the title of this post. I still really hope I win but I'm still really miffed.
So, if any of you out there are DMB fans and live in the area please enter and forgive me for trying to keep it from you!
1 comment:
I still think that your project was really thoughful and and out of all of them it really shows that you did something. I mean what is that one with words written on a flower. I might be mistaken but thats going to KILL that flower not help it. haha I'm being selfish for you lol Blah, well I still hope that you win! I'm thinking that they postponed it to attend maybe the memorial or something..
Post a Comment