Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Haunted Forest


The Haunted Forest is Utah’s premier outdoor haunted attraction! Nothing can bring true Halloween fear like walking through thick, thorny underbrush, warped trees, damp cavernous under-ground dungeons, and murky shacks…You will see ghosts, ghouls other horrifying sights like the 25 ft. grim reaper, monster maze, tin man terror, the amazing 2 ft. tall man, the swamp “thing”, skull tomb catacombs, the gothic chamber of horror and real, working guillotines. You will even be entertained while you wait in line and at the concession stand. Make sure to bring your friends, people rarely make it through alive….
Mike and I went to this last night and I must say I was pretty apprehensive. I get scared in scary movies and sometimes even have bad dreams after watching them. I tried really hard not to be scared! It was kind of hard not to be when you're walking through someplace made up as awesome as this place is! You really have to be there to appreciate it but, there were rooms that were pitch black with people to scare you, rooms where you never knew what the actors might do, rooms filled with hanging clothes with people running around to scare you, gigantic meat freezers, and that was just in Psycho Manor! After being chased by a ghoul in the beginning of the Haunted Forest just because he/she could tell I was scared, I tried extra hard to be nonchalant about the whole thing, and just expect to be scared. It did work, I was able to have more fun that I would have been if I was scared the whole time, and the couple behind us became the new target, as I must have been doing an okay job seeming not afraid. In the forest there were scenes reminiscent of "The Ring", "The Village", "Nightmare on Elm Street", and many others, plus just made up spooky stuff. I didn't bring my camera on purpose as I knew I would be too distracted to use it. Somewhere in the forest there is a room filled with thin plastic glow in the dark hockey masks (hanging), some moving, some not, some with people underneath. It was so dark you truly couldn't tell which were real people! I reached my hand out to move aside one hanging mask so it wouldn't hit my face, and it was a person! I made a squeal and said, "Oh, sorry!" I didn't want to get in trouble for abusing the staff! We had a great time overall and even got some exercise. It was a pretty long trail! I suppose it had better be with a high priced entrace fee!

1 comment:

Rella said...

I'm still waiting to see some photos of Witches Night Out! I'm sorry I had to miss it. :( Yes, I'm still pouting. LOL!